Websocket API for Pricing Streaming and Real-Time Services
This API consists of a Protocol Specification and a set of Example programs used to illustrate the usage of the protocol to make websocket connections to Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution Systems*, and, to Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized (cloud solution) available via Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP).
DOWNLOAD Websocket API Examples and Protocol Specification.
These examples** are built using widely available Websocket frameworks and follow the Protocol Specification to demonstrate how to set up a websocket connection and use JSON message constructs to request and receive Refinitiv Real-Time content.
* Applications written to WebSocket API protocol specification can connect to Refinitiv Real-Time Distributions System (RTDS) version 3.2.1 (and higher) where this transport is enabled.
** These are meant to be examples for illustration purposes only and not production-ready code. Features such as item recovery, connection recovery, etc., must be built into the application.
More information about downloading: Please visit GitHub to download Examples with source code and Documentation. The protocol specification and examples are also available on GitHub.
There are two sets of examples:
- Applications/Examples (illustrate connectivity directly to your infrastructure)
- Applications/Examples/RDP (illustrates connectivity to cloud solution aka Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized (RTO) via Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP)).
Key features illustrated by examples include:
- Standards-based, WebSocket protocol usage and JSON payload formats
- Data consumption and posting (contribution)
- Support of Refinitiv open data models
- Easy integration into multiple client technology standards e.g. Python, R, .Net etc