Refinitiv Real-Time SDK - Java
This series of tutorials aim to show developers, who are new to OMM and EMA, how the API can be used to consume RDM (Refinitiv Domain Models) data from either a deployed Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System (RTDS) or the Refinitiv Real-Time -- Optimized services within the cloud. Referred to as a Consumer, one of the most common usages of the API is the ability to request market data items and capture and process the real-time responses. EMA is designed as an ease-of-use API providing rapid development with minimal lines of code.
The implementation is presented as a series of steps starting with a barebones EMA application and finishing with examples demonstrating the retrieval of level 1 (Market Price) and level 2 (Market By Price, Market By Order) content. Each step is presented as a separate compilable project and builds on the code from the previous step. The downloadable source code includes the complete series, packaged with both build and run scripts, that presents the basic set of instructions to complete the task. Along with the written instructions for each tutorial, all source code is commented, including command-line parameters to test against the desired streaming environment.
This series of tutorials will present the following steps:
- Creating a barebones EMA consumer application
- Requesting and displaying MarketPrice data
- Parsing and Decoding MarketPrice data
- Requesting, parsing, and decoding Level 2 data
To learn more about EMA please refer to the
- Refinitiv Real-Time SDK - Java Development Documentation Guides - refer to the "Message API - Java: Development and Configuration Guides with Examples" under Development