This RTO and RDP accounts cheat sheet is for a user to quickly get up to speed on the changes happening from v1 authentication (Machine ID) to a v2 authentication (Service account).
What account type do I have?
|Additional Parameters Required||Password and App Key (a.k.a Client_ID)||Password (a.k.a Client Secret)|
|Uses JWT||No||Yes, able to use JWT Public/Private Key|
|Technical Name||OAuth2 Password grant||OAuth2 Client Credentials|
|When speaking with Refinitiv Account Manager||I have a Machine ID||I have a Service account|
|Who provides the ID||Refinitiv account manager||User generated using Platform administration application (self service portal)|
|How many RTO concurrent sessions can be used by single token||1||5|
|Will be supported in future||No, account will be migrated to v2||Yes|
- RDP - Refinitiv Data Platform
- RTO - Refinitiv Real-time Optimized
- JWT - JSON Web tokens - a technique which uses public/private key pair instead of ID and password
- Service Account - A self service account provided for users to login to a portal and create ID's for their own use
- Machine ID - An ID created by Refinitiv account manager
- App Key - A unique application identifier created by the users for use with v1 authentication