Messenger Bot API
The Messenger Bot API allows external applications to connect with and pass information into our messenger service programmatically. It consists of a REST API and a WebSocket based API for event listening and creating interactive bots.
The Messenger Bot API provides the following capabilities:
- Authenticate - Allow a user to authenticate with our API gateway.
- List Chatrooms - Provide a list of chatrooms the user is associated with on Eikon Messenger.
- Join Chatrooms - Join a bot to a chatroom.
- Post Messages - Allow a user to post messages to chatrooms or one to one messages.
- Leave Chatroom - Make a bot leave a chatroom
- Create Chatroom - A bot can create a bilateral chatroom
- Send Invites - A bot can send invites to users to join a chatroom
- WebSocket Events - The bot can listen to events in a chatroom and provide the ability to act as an interactive chatbot.
All request and response bodies are encoded in JSON.